Friday, March 27, 2009

Pignoli Cookies

I think these cookies are my favorite, even better than chocolate chip. We discovered these cookies in a little bakery right next door to our favorite Italian meat market, Tully's in Albuquerque. To buy them is very expensive! They are $16.00 a pound! That's like $2.00 per cookie. My husband loves these cookies so he found the recipe and I have been making them ever since and they are so easy! You should be able to find the almond paste in cans in any grocery store. Here's the recipe: Pignoli Cookies and here are my cookies:

The only thing I do differently from the recipe is to roll them in almonds instead of pine nuts... we like them better that way. Mmmmm delicious. They make two dozen cookies, but I can never get that many, usually around 20 or so.

No comments: