Saturday, March 28, 2009

March Quiltathon

Chuck was up at 5 this morning with an upset stomach and stayed home from work so I didn't get as much done as I hoped, but I did finish 2 quilts and a couple of small projects. I had made more 16 patch blocks with the leftover strips from the baby quilt last week. I got one top put together with another 20 blocks left for another quilt.

I finished the binding on the Rail Fence Quilt and the Baby Quilt and that will add to my Stash Busting :)

When Eileen came over last week, she had the pattern for this legal pad cover so I borrowed it and made one.

I have needed a pincushion/trash bag for the long arm for some time. The one I had wouldn't stay on the poles when I was pinning or unpinning. I think this one will stay, I made it so the pincushion drapes over the poles instead of balancing on it.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I love your LA pincushion! My sister needlefelted me one from her sheep to wear on my arm, but it is so top-heavy when it's loaded with pins, that it keeps slipping to the underside of my forearm! Perhaps we can redesign it like yours . . .

Jean said...

This is great, I need one too.You have gotten a lot finished this weekend.

Lori in South Dakota said...

I need a pincushion like yours, I'm always chasing a bowl, a magnet, a pincushion around while I'm pinning. Great idea.

Zlaty said...

Great idea for pincushion! I haven't try my frame yet! You did a lot of quilting! Hope you feel better!

Zlaty