Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Sasha

This is Sasha, our new dog. She is a Rottweiler rescue, about 2 years old, and we have had her for 3 weeks. Hew owner gave her up and it was discovered that she was pregnant. She had 13 puppies, 10 survived and there were multiple fathers. We think she was used as a puppy mill and was very abused. She is now a very happy dog. She is gaining weight and is very devoted to me. She sleeps on a blanket on the floor next to my side of the bed. She is learning to trust and I have discovered that she digs for gophers! I don't think she has found one yet, but she sure is trying.

1 comment:

Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

She is beautiful and I am sure she will love living with you, especially if you are letting her sleep right next to you - they really like being part of the family! I had one for years and even though she could be a bit headstrong, I can say that she was the best (and funniest!) dog I ever had. She had so much personality, loved kids (excelled at playing King of the Mountain and also getting the kids up for school, and was all around a big love (and scardy cat - but one dark night she thought someone hiding in the bushes was going to jump my Mom and she found her bravery fast!). I hope you all have many happy years together!
Cheers!
Evelyn