Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Hi Ho, Hi Ho

It's off to a quilt retreat I go! My friend, Teresa, and I, are going to the Hummingbird Music Camp in the Jemez Mountains for a wonderful quilt retreat. It's called a S'Mores retreat because, for one thing, it's S'More than wonderful :) We leave tomorrow and come back Sunday night. Our teacher is Carol Morrissey from Texas. Here is her website: http://www.ocaroldesigns.com/ We are going to be making the "Georgetown Poppies" pattern.

Now, of course, me being an "overachiever", I will be bringing more than one project to work on. How did I get the grand title of "overachiever"? Well, you see, I am hard of hearing and wear hearing aids in both ears. Consequently, I have a hard time following conversations in a room full of women and sewing machines. So I sew... and sew... and sew... and don't converse unless I have something to say or take a break and listen. Sew I get a lot done.

No comments: